Note: Using rectangle tool for header images and setting it to browser width - don't use frame tool.
ERNIE ELS #GameON AUTISM™ GOLF
Ernie Els #GameON Autism™ Golf is a new, innovative program, developed by Els for Autism in collaboration with PGA Reach and The First Tee, that gives children and young adults on the spectrum, ages 6-23, access to the game of golf. The program is aimed at developing life skills, encouraging social interaction and promoting healthy living through golf.
- #GameON Autism Golf is designed to build self-esteem and confidence in a fun, welcoming and supportive environment; encouraging participants to learn golf skills while practicing specific autism learning concepts.
- #GameON Autism Golf clinics were first trialed in 2013 in in the U.S. alongside the Els for Autism Golf Challenge series. Clinics have also been held in South Africa and in 2015 #GameON Autism Golf clinics were hosted alongside Golf Challenge events in Canada. In addition, GameON clinics are hosted alongside select PGA TOUR tournaments and special events.
- #GameON clinics include specialized golf instruction that exposes players to basic golf concepts through structured learning stations. Clinics also feature structured stretching / kinesthetic activity and a healthy refreshment.
- Participation in physical activities, sports and games improves the quality of life for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), in addition to physical health benefits, all involve levels of independence and choice making for the participants. These activities can increase self-worth and confidence while providing new opportunities to develop and build friendships, relationships, and deeper ties to the community.
- Through the #GameON Autism initiative, Els for Autism Canada is spreading autism awareness within the golf community. Through education and the development of partnerships with autism organizations, PGA Teaching Professionals and golf courses, the program’s wider goal is to make golf clubs welcoming environments for people on the spectrum
“Please contact Gary Chiste (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in learning more about GameOn or if you are interested in a having a GameOn clinic or program in your area.”
We like to thank our Organizer Sponsors
and our National Sponsors
Els for Autism is a game-changing resource, delivering and facilitating programs that are leading examples of what can be available to people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).